Learn guitar improvisation techniques online and become a better artist with jazz, rock and blues guitar legend, Scott Henderson. Explore how to apply diatonic scales, Scott’s approaches to fretboard organization, and much more.
|Time Commitment: 10 weeks, 6-8 hours/week|
|Skill Level: Intermediate/Advanced|
|Next Start Date: Monday October 2, 2017|
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Learn the basics of the 5-pattern system
- Gain insight into Scott’s approach to fretboard organization
- Get an introduction to the modes of the major scale and the melodic minor scale
- Understand how Scott approaches the technical foundations of improvisation
- Learn numerous terms from Scott’s rich vocabulary
- Get an introduction to Scott’s approach to chord voicings
- Learn fretboard exercises frequently used by Scott
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
You should have intermediate guitar skills, including:
- A basic understanding of music theory
- A grasp of scale construction and an awareness of interval structures
- Knowledge of the basics of building chord structures, including major/minor/dominant seventh chords and altered chords
- Knowledge of all the notes on the neck
- Knowledge of the basics of scales and scale organization on the neck
- Some experience with improvisation
WHAT GEAR WILL I NEED?
- A computer (PC/Mac) with at least 4GB RAM
- We recommend that you connect to an Internet Line with an average speed of 10Mbps or better, and to use an Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi
- The ability to make basic recordings of yourself. Recommended recording software includes Audacity, GarageBand, Logic, ProTools, etc.
- The ability to connect with the instructor via video chat applications
- A guitar and an amplifier
- We recommend using Chrome or Safari internet browsers on iOS, MacOS, Windows or Android
- Full access to install software on the computer you are using
How do I try a free lesson?
Go to the course page you’re interested in and click on the “Try a free lesson” button to sign up.
How do I enroll in a course?
No need to apply. Simply click “Enroll” on our course pages and create your MI Online profile. Once your payment is complete, consider yourself enrolled! All that’s left to do is put a reminder in your calendar of the course start date. We’ll email you a course date reminder and important info to get you started.
Do you offer courses in other languages?
Not yet but we’re working on it – stay tuned!
Can I take the course using my mobile phone or tablet?
Yes! You should, however, be aware that the Live Lecture chat box feature is not available for mobile devices. You can watch and hear your instructor but you won’t be able to ask him questions.
How many students are there in each course?
We have a maximum of 20 students per class for each of our courses. Our small class sizes helps create a collaborative, intimate space so that you’ll get the most out of your learning experience with your instructor and classmates.
How do MI Online courses work?
All our courses are 10 weeks. Each week you’ll watch pre-recorded video lessons. You’ll also receive an assignment, which is due before your scheduled Live Lecture with your Instructor. Your Live Lectures are your virtual classrooms and your opportunity to engage with, and learn directly from, your Course Instructor.
How long is the course accessible for?
You can access your course material for up to 6 months after your course ends.
What happens if I miss a Live Lecture?
We understand that our students come from all over the world and learn on different time zones. All our lectures are available for replay 48 to 72 hours after the schedule Live Lecture, so you can view any lectures you missed.
Which payment methods do you accept?
We support payments from Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal.
Can I pay for the course using a Payment Plan?
Yes, you can purchase all our courses in three monthly installments using your credit card.
LEARN FROM THE LEGEND
Legendary guitarist Scott Henderson will take you through the basic approaches to improvisation and general organization on the guitar. The course will also explore the application of diatonic scales and the approaches to the modes of the Melodic Minor scale, as well as other advanced scales.
The goal of this course is to offer unique insight into how one of the most respected guitarists in the industry approaches music-making, how he communicates with the guitar to achieve his instantly recognizable voice, and how he has built his unique musical vocabulary. This is a rare opportunity to learn from a true guitar master and to develop your musical artistry.
WHAT OUR MI ONLINE STUDENTS SAY
“I took Scott’s improvisation class. It was really good, and I learned tons of new stuff. It was money well spent!”
Student, April 2017
“Scott’s course is very, very nice. To study under Scott and join MI was my dream. I’m in the UK and would never have the opportunity to live in LA. So, for me, MI Online is great!”
Student, July 2017
“Scott Henderson is a phenomenal guitarist with amazing articulation. With his online course you unlock the secrets of his skills.”
Bruce Kulick, Kiss
READY TO LEARN FROM A LEGEND? EXPLORE AND ENROLL IN SCOTT’S COURSE.
Through live lectures and virtual classrooms, MI Online provides real-world, artist-driven, and authentic learning opportunities available to anyone—from anywhere.