Join master guitarist Oz Noy in this 10-week online course, and learn about the uniquely crafted techniques including tonality, fretboard organization, jumping intervals, voice leading double stops, pentatonic bending points, and more.
|Time Commitment: 10 weeks, 6-8 hours/week|
|Skill Level: Intermediate/Advanced|
|Next Start Date: Monday October 2, 2017|
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Learn the system Oz uses for fretboard organization
- Understand the three basic types of tonalities
- Gain insight into different scale types (and how to practice these in an efficient way)
- Learn the principles for jumping intervals and voice leading within scale structures
- Understand bending points for pentatonic scales
- Learn how to embellish chord tones
- Understand the three different types of fretboard navigation Oz relies on
- Get a peek into how Oz composes music
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
You should have intermediate guitar skills, including:
- A basic understanding of music theory
- A grasp of scale construction and an awareness of interval structures
- Knowledge of the basics of building chord structures, including major/minor/dominant seventh chords and altered chords
- Knowledge of all the notes on the neck
- Knowledge of the basics of scales and scale organization on the neck
- Some experience with improvisation
WHAT GEAR WILL I NEED?
- A computer (PC/Mac) with at least 4GB RAM
- We recommend that you connect to an Internet Line with an average speed of 10Mbps or better, and to use an Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi
- The ability to make basic recordings of yourself. Recommended recording software includes Audacity, GarageBand, Logic, ProTools, etc.
- The ability to connect with the instructor via video chat applications
- A guitar and an amplifier
- We recommend using Chrome or Safari internet browsers on iOS, MacOS, Windows or Android
- Full access to install software on the computer you are using
How do I try a free lesson?
Go to the course page you’re interested in and click on the “Try a free lesson” button to sign up.
How do I enroll in a course?
No need to apply. Simply click “Enroll” on our course pages and create your MI Online profile. Once your payment is complete, consider yourself enrolled! All that’s left to do is put a reminder in your calendar of the course start date. We’ll email you a course date reminder and important info to get you started.
Do you offer courses in other languages?
Not yet but we’re working on it – stay tuned!
Can I take the course using my mobile phone or tablet?
Yes! You should, however, be aware that the Live Lecture chat box feature is not available for mobile devices. You can watch and hear your instructor but you won’t be able to ask him questions.
How many students are there in each course?
We have a maximum of 20 students per class for each of our courses. Our small class sizes helps create a collaborative, intimate space so that you’ll get the most out of your learning experience with your instructor and classmates.
How do MI Online courses work?
All our courses are 10 weeks. Each week you’ll watch pre-recorded video lessons. You’ll also receive an assignment, which is due before your scheduled Live Lecture with your Instructor. Your Live Lectures are your virtual classrooms and your opportunity to engage with, and learn directly from, your Course Instructor.
How long is the course accessible for?
You can access your course material for up to 6 months after your course ends.
What happens if I miss a Live Lecture?
We understand that our students come from all over the world and learn on different time zones. All our lectures are available for replay 48 to 72 hours after the schedule Live Lecture, so you can view any lectures you missed.
Which payment methods do you accept?
We support payments from Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal.
Can I pay for the course using a Payment Plan?
Yes, you can purchase all our courses in three monthly installments using your credit card.
LEARN OZ’S SIGNATURE TWISTED GUITAR STYLE
In this course, master guitarist Oz Noy will show you numerous methods he has used throughout his career to develop his unique style and highly personal approach to the guitar. The course will cover topics such as the three types of tonality, fretboard organization, jumping intervals, voice leading, double stops, pentatonic bending points, directional playing, triads and chord tone embellishment, plus ideas and tips for composing.
The goal of this course is to give you a deep insight into how Oz has developed his revolutionary and unique playing style, and how his approach can benefit your development as a guitarist and musician. The methods Oz demonstrates in the course are the most important tools he has used for his own development throughout the years. After this course, you should have gained a thorough understanding of how Oz has practiced and what he has focused on over the years to become the master musician he is today.